$700 Travel Award ICN 2017
SISN is delighted to announce that we are offering a Travel Award of 700USD to a student or early career SISN member to assist with the cost of attending ICN 2017, Buenos Aires.
SISN’s vision is a world where actions to improve nutrition are designed and implemented with the best available scientific knowledge and practical experience, and we’d like you to contribute towards that vision by sharing your ideas on the use of implementation research (IR) to address a key nutrition issue.
To be considered for the Travel Award we are asking you to share your thoughts in a brief video describing ‘how you would use IR to improve the design and implementation of iron-folate intervention during pregnancy in your country of residence’.
To help give you some background on our thinking on IR check out this webinar which will walk you through our recently launched Implementation Framework and provide examples of some existing research and how it fits into the SISN Classification Scheme.
We look forward to receiving your innovative thoughts by 2nd October. For full application details see below. The successful award winner will be selected and be granted the award before 15th October.
Dr David Pelletier
To apply you need to be:
- A student member or a recently graduated full SISN member (degree received less than two years ago). If you aren’t yet a student member of SISN, you can apply
- Registered for ICN 2017 (proof of registration is required)
- Willing to attend both SISN Symposia, take notes and submit a short blog (400-600 words) on each by 6 Nov 2017.
How to Apply:
- Fill out the travel award application form download here.
- Record a 1-2 minute video (.mp4 format) of you presenting your thoughts clearly and succinctly on ‘how you would use implementation research to improve the design and implementation of iron-folate intervention during pregnancy in your country of residence.’
- Please upload your video via the WeTransfer service https://wetransfer.com/ and name your video file as follows: SISN TRAVEL AWARD [your last name]. Please insert the link to your video file in the Travel Award Application Form and ensure this is the filename that you enter in the form.
Please send your ICN proof of registration and Travel Award Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header ‘SISN TRAVEL AWARD [your last name]’.
Important: Please make sure you have correctly filled out the form and that you have accurately named your submissions. Should applicants fail to supply the correct documentation, their application will be delayed or refused.
Permissions: In submitting your video you are giving permission for it to be used by SISN for communication and educational purposes. We retain the right to publish details of the award winner via SISN communications channels.