Become part of a vital, global community dedicated to improving nutrition implementation worldwide
As a member of the Society you are becoming part of a vital, global community dedicated to improving nutrition implementation worldwide. You will also gain access to a range of benefits that will keep you at the cutting-edge of developments in the sector and enhance your professional profile and networks.
WHY JOIN US?
SISN is a participatory society and the achievement of our goals relies on the involvement of our members. As such members are offered opportunities to help develop, advocate for and deploy research and capacity-building initiatives to address critical implementation challenges, whether this is as ambassadors, via global or national working groups or as communities of practice.
The Board is committed to ensure value for its members and the benefits detailed above will be continually reviewed and expanded as the Society grows.
SISN openly invites membership from all implementation related disciplines including academia and research, government, implementers, donors, foundations and members of civil society and the private sector.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
Please review the membership classes below to determine which category of membership to apply for and the relevant pricing. You will need to know these to complete the application form and have the correct pricing applied to your membership category.
If you are applying for Full Membership please determine if you classify as national or international staff:
- International staff: internationally recruited staff, meaning that you are hired to work at an office (duty station) outside of your home country
- National staff: locally recruited staff, meaning that you are recruited to work at a duty station in your home country
Full Members may also be eligible for a 20% discount if already a current member of certain nutrition organizations. The list of eligible societies is in the application form. Please note you will need to append the relevant proof of membership when you complete the application form in order to qualify.
For national staff and student applications, you will also need to determine what income banding your country falls into. You can use the income band checker at the foot of this page. Key: High-income (HIC); Upper middle-income (UMIC); Lower middle income (LMIC); Low income (LIC)
Lastly, you will need to upload your Curriculum Vitae as part of the application process so please have this to hand when you apply.
SISN aims to bring together ALL stakeholders in implementation as equal partners, if you have any concerns or questions regarding your membership application criteria or eligibility please contact us.
International* staff (any location): $90
National** staff (HIC): $90
National** staff (UMIC, LMIC, LIC): $30
UMIC, LMIC & LIC: $15
Please contact us to discuss
You are eligible for FULL membership if you have ONE or more of the following criteria:
- Investigators with a doctoral degree and proven track record of research pertinent to the areas of implementation research.
- Professionals without a doctoral degree but equivalent experience and proven track record of research pertinent to the areas of implementation research.
- Professionals with demonstrated experience, interest and proven track record in the implementation of nutrition programs and interventions.
- Professionals with demonstrated experience, interest and proven track record in the operationalization of nutrition policy.
You are eligible for STUDENT membership if you are enrolled in a:
- Masters program whose research topic or practical experience focuses on IR, nutrition programs, or policy and program planning and/or operations.
- Doctorate program whose research topic or practical experience focuses on IR, nutrition programs, or policy and program planning and/or operations.
Affiliate members are organizations and individuals who share the Society’s vision and mission but do not meet the criteria for full or student membership.
Those seeking affiliate membership should do so because they wish to partner with the Society over the medium- or long-term to assist the Society to achieve its strategic goals.
Organizations or individuals wishing to be made affiliates will need to complete a declaration of interest form. Due diligence requires that the Board complete an analysis of conflicts of interest. A memorandum of understanding will be determined between the Society and the affiliate member, which will outline the contributions to be made by the member and how the Society will administer these contributions.
SISN uses the World Bank definition of country economies to determine membership rates. Please use the dropdown below to select your country of residence to find out your economic bracket.