Volunteering with SISN provides a great opportunity to work with the members of the Board, develop your networks and stay abreast of the latest advancements in implementation research (IR) and practice. We encourage individuals with the skills and passion for advancing IR to apply.
Please check this page regularly for new opportunities.
Volunteer roles available
Technical Advisory Group (TAG) Membership Application
SISN is welcoming applications from nutrition implementation professionals to be considered to be a member of the Technical Advisory Group (TAG) in the Nigeria Micronutrient Powder (MNP)/Multiple Micronutrient Supplements (MMS) Implementation Science Study
This is a great opportunity for eligible candidates to share their expertise to help us advance the science and practice of implementation by ensuring that the study is conducted using the most contextually appropriate and effective tools, and according to academic and ethical best practices.
The TAG will collectively possess (across all its members) the following competencies and ideal candidates will demonstrate evidence of knowledge and experience in at least one of these areas:
- 1-2 members with experience in MNP and/or MMS programming in low- and middle-income countries and implementation research. For example, someone(s) who is NGO based, or maybe UNICEF Tech Advisor role for a) maternal nutrition b) child/community nutrition & has seen implementation of these or related interventions across multiple contexts – and understands what is needed to support high quality implementation.
- Knowledge research methods and tools (including the appropriateness of various tools for different stakeholders and in various contexts), as follows:
- 1 member with IR related quantitative research experience who can review the protocol and advise on whether methods fit and suggest other ideas; advise on moving ahead with analysis; etc.
- 1 member with IR related qualitative research experience who can review the protocol and advise on whether methods fit and suggest other ideas.
Members of the TAG will be expected to:
- Review the research protocol (and any protocol modifications) and suggest possible improvements
- Ensure that data collection and analysis methods are generally suited to research objectives
- Periodically engage with data collection and analysis team to ensure that research is progressing as planned
- Review research outputs and provide feedback
- Agree to be included in protocol that will be submitted to the National Research Ethics Committee
- Providing relevant resources e.g., highlighting key materials/research; sharing hard-to-reach documents
- Support the PI to deliver at least one article for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
- Access to a computer and a stable internet connection
- Be available to attend quarterly meetings, at a minimum. Additional ad-hoc meetings may be convened at the discretion of the members (and subject to consideration for their time/availability).
- Sign a basic agreement (confidentiality, COI declaration, etc.) and SISN’s Safeguarding Policy.
The Terms of Reference provides background information about the project together with an overview of the mandate, focus and responsibilities of the Technical Advisory Group.
Have the skills and interested in this role? Submit you application by completing the steps below before Friday, July 15th
- Read the Terms of Reference for the TAG before applying to ensure that you understand the mandate, focus and responsibilities of becoming a TAG member
- Complete the form below
- Enter your supporting statement describing how you would support the TAG in the context of the role for which you wish to be considered, and any key skills/experience you have that support this (up to 400 words)
- Upload your CV or bio
TECHNICAL ADVISORY GROUP (TAG) MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
[Last updated June 21, 2022]
While SISN thanks all applicants for their interest and submission, only eligible candidates will be contacted.